Monday, February 15, 2010

Gary's Cinnamon Rolls

Posted in , , by blkris | Edit















This is a really easy cinnamon roll recipe. It, like any other bread recipe, just takes a while to do. So if you are planning on enjoying some of these scrumptious cinnamon rolls, block out a good 4 hours to make sure you have enough time. My sister got this recipe from someone at church and I am hooked! I made them for church yesterday for a lesson I was teaching on Women and their Divine ROLLS. So, hence the Cinnamon ROLLS. Anywho... I figured it 12-13 year old girls didn't remember anything about my lesson, they would atleast remember that I made good cinnamon rolls, right?! :)
The only thing I have noticed and done wrong with this recipe is that I made the milk, water and butter mixture too hot and it killed my yeast. If your mixture gets too hot, just make sure you let it cool before adding it into the dry mixture. Good luck!

This makes about 25 cinnamon rolls.

Mix:
2 C. flour (I do half white, half wheat flour)
1 1/2 C. sugar ( For most of my recipes, I cut down on the sugar. But not for cinnamon rolls! I go all out!)
1 1/2 tsp. salt
2 Tbs. (or 2 packs) yeast

In saucepan, heat (to approx. 140 degrees):
1 C. milk
1 C. water
1/2 C. butter

Add:
Liquid to flour mixture. Mix for 3 min. on medium speed. Add 3-4 cups of flour, 1 cup at a time to form a firm dough. Place dough in a greased bowl. Cover with plastic and allow to rise until doubled (about 45 min.).

Mix:
3/4 C. sugar
1/8 C. cinnamon

Divide dough in 1/2. Punch down, then form a square and roll out into a rectangle. Spread 1/4 C. softened butter over surface. Sprinkle 1/2 of sugar mixture on dough. Roll dough into a log (roll from stomach, up). Slice dough about 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart. Place slices on a greased jelly roll pan (I used a big cookie sheet). Cover with plastic or a towel. Allow to rise until doubled (about 30 min). Repeat with other half of dough.

Bake:
365 for 16-20 min.

Frosting:
Mix until smooth:
About 1 1/2 C. powdered sugar
1/4 C. butter (melted)
1/4 C. milk

Frost cinnamon rolls while warm. Pair these with a glass of cold milk and you have a great treat!!

0 Comments


Leave a Comment