Sunday, August 30, 2009

To Die for Blueberry Muffins

Posted in by blkris | Edit



I found this recipe a year or so ago and have not wanted to try any other blueberry muffin recipe. I have now gotten my sisters hooked on them. Boxed muffins have no comparison to these. They go so quick in my house, it is hard to keep them around. We decided to have these the other morning and treat ourselves with some scrambled eggs and sausage. YUM! I have made the batter and added in raspberries, and those are delicious too! Use either fresh or frozen berries, they are good either way. The recipe is from All Recipes, but I have tweaked it a little, as I always do. We try to cut down on our sugar, so I usually do about 1/2 cup sugar instead of 3/4 cup, and when I half the topping ingredients (it makes WAY too much if you do the whole amount called for), I do a little less than 1/4 cup sugar. I usually make these with 1 cup whole wheat, 1/2 cup white flour and then I add a little bit more milk so that the wheat flour doesn't dry them out too much. I have been tempted to try apple pieces in them, but just haven't gotten to that yet. Let me know what you try!


INGREDIENTS

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup milk
  • 1 cup fresh blueberries
  • _____________________
  • Topping
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup butter, cubed
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon


  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
  2. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough milk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
  3. To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking.
  4. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done. This makes about 10 muffins.


1 commentsTo Die for Blueberry Muffins


  1. ReeSe says:

    Mmmm, are these the ones you served us at one of our pres meetings? Yummy! I'm def trying these out.

    September 1, 2009 at 9:10 AM

Leave a Comment