Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Hurry -up biscuits

Posted in by blkris | Edit
These are a great go-to for a bread to go along with dinner. They are easy and yummy. And the best part... I can make a big batch and freeze the dough (make the dough into balls and freeze on a cookie sheet/pie sheet for a little while, then transfer to a freezer bag) so they can be pulled out individually anytime I need them. I have tried these with half whole wheat, half white flour, I have added shredded cheese, and tonight I am trying them with Rosemary added for a nice flavorful biscuit to eat with our Creamy Chicken & Tomato Chowder. But no need to make them fancy and add more ingredients. These are great with a little butter and honey or homemade jam. I found this recipe online at bhg.com. This makes about 12 biscuits.


1 1/2 Cup flour
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 Cup whipping cream

Mix all dry ingredients. Then add whipping cream. Bake at 375 for about 12-17 minutes or until golden brown.

0 Comments


Leave a Comment