Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Macadamia Crusted Chicken with Mango Salsa

Posted in by blkris | Edit


We made this last night and it was very good. I will do a few things different next time though. We were running out of time so ended up frying this to make it cook a little faster. Next time I will bake it in the oven to make it a little healthier. The recipe did not call for any seasonings on the chicken other than salt and pepper before it is cooked, so I sprinkled the chicken with season salt after it was cooked. I think I will maybe get seasoned bread crumbs next time too to give it a little more flavor. I also waited until right before we ate to make the mango salsa (which was delicious!!!), but I think I will make it a couple hours in advance next time so the juices all soak together to give it more flavor. Basically though, this is just a fancy type of fried chicken, but if you eat the mango salsa with it, it is great and has a good crunch from the macadamias! We ate some sweet potato fries with it too and all the flavors mixed pretty well together. Pretty healthy meal if you bake it in the oven (which I will do next time!).

0 Comments


Leave a Comment