Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Homemade Pancakes

Posted in by blkris | Edit

This is a recipe from the Grover Family Cookbook, a family cookbook we received from some friends for our wedding. I am hooked on these pancakes and won't use box mix anymore! This picture is actually chocolate chip pancakes (for my son's 3rd birthday breakfast!), but we have done all variations. The recipe calls for buttermilk, but I have always used regular milk. We have made these whole wheat, whole wheat with oatmeal, half whole wheat, half white flour, etc. Add homemade maple syrup on top with fresh ground almond butter, and YUM!!!!

Pancakes


Mix together:
1 1/2 cups flour (white or whole wheat, or combination)
3/4 tsp salt
3 Tbs sugar
2 beaten eggs
2 Tbs baking powder
3 Tbs oil
1 1/2 cups milk (buttermilk or regular)

* note: I can usually save the batter for a day in the fridge and it is a little less fluffy, but is still decent. However, I have switched to using Aluminum Free Baking Powder and it has made a difference. My batter the first day was almost overflowing because it puffed up so much and was so airy. They were some of the best fluffy and light pancakes I have made! But when it came to making them the next day, they were completely flat and without air at all! I am guessing the aluminum is kind of a preservative?? Anyone know? Just watch what kind of baking powder you are using as to how it turns out. Good luck!

0 Comments


Leave a Comment