Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Coconut milk pancakes

Posted in , by blkris | Edit
Ever realize that you don't have any milk left to make pancakes??  Well, if you have coconut milk on hand (which I always do just in case I want to make sticky coconut chicken), you can now make pancakes!  Cooking light has a recipe for them that is really good.  You may be thinking that they will taste too much like coconut, but really, you can't even taste it!  The original recipe calls for light coconut milk, but regular works too.  The light milk is thiner and so it  makes the pancakes lighter and fluffier.  This is how I like my pancakes.  My hubby, on the other hand, likes them thick and dense, which you can get if you use regular coconut milk.  Either way, they are good!  For 4 people, I would double or even 2 1/2 the batch.  1 batch is definitely not enough if you are pancake lovers!

From Cooking Light magazine Sept. 2010

Combine:
1 C All purpose flour (As always, I use half wheat, half white flour)
1 Tbs sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

Whisk together:
1 C light coconut milk
1 1/2 Tbs oil
1 egg

Combine with dry ingredients.
Cook as usual for pancakes.

0 Comments


Leave a Comment