Sunday, February 27, 2011

Tex-Mex Pork

Posted in by blkris | Edit
A terrific friend gave me a subscription to the Cooking Light Magazine last year for Christmas (Thanks again and great idea by the way if I didn't ever tell you!!).  I have tried some of the recipes, but lately I have been in a need new recipes funk, so I am going back through all the ones I pulled out that I wanted to try.  Tonight I made a dinner that was soooooo easy and it was good too!  My husband (who shows little emotion about lots of things :), even was impressed by this meal.  Looks like it was a winner!  I am not a huge fan of pork, but get sick of chicken.  So, I got some pork chops on sale and had them in the freezer waiting for me to decide what to do with them.  This was a great recipe for them, and a lot less fattening than your normal pork chop dishes.  And, one of the best things besides how easy and quick it was, is that it only had 7 ingredients, 2 of which are optional!  You should try this!

From Cooking Light December 2010

1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
1 1/2 C refrigerated fresh salsa (DON'T Go "el cheapo" on this.  The salsa will make or break it! We   used the Organic Salsa from Costco.  The best!)
2 C. hot rice (we use brown rice)
1/4 C. light sour cream
3/4 C. cubed avocado (I actually didn't have a ripe one, so we didn't use this tonight and it was still great)

Heat a large nonstick skillet over med.-high heat.  Coat pan with cooking spray.  Add pork to pan; sprinkle with 3/4 tsp kosher salt and 3/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper.  Saute for 8 min. or until lightly browned.  Add salsa and 1/4 C. water to pan; bring to boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 min. or until slightly thickened.  Serve pork mixture over rice; top with sour cream and avocado.  Yield 4 servings.

0 Comments


Leave a Comment