Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Roasted Red Pepper and Herb Pasta with Shrimp

Posted in , by blkris | Edit
I had leftover shrimp from my Coconut Shrimp dinner the night before, so I made this recipe.  It was good, but HOT!  I will make it again, but probably reduce the crushed red pepper even more.  If you want your kids to eat this, I would ditch the crushed red pepper altogether.

From Cooking Light magazine

2 Red bell peppers
8 oz uncooked fettuccine
2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbs unsalted butter
1 C finely chopped onion
1 Tbs. minced garlic
1/2 pound peeled and deveined shrimp
1/4 C fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
2 Tbs chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme (I used dried thyme)
1/2 tsp chopped fresh sage (I used dried sage)
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbs shaved fresh Parmesan cheese

-Preheat broiler.
- Cut Bell peppers in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes.  Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand.  Broil 15 min. or until blackened. (I got nervous seeing my peppers get black, but don't worry!  The burnt part is just on the skin.  Make sure you let it all get black and burt or else the skin won't peel as easily)  Place in a paper bag; fold to close tightly.  Let stand 20 min.  Peel and chop; set aside.
-Cook fettuccine according to the package directions, omitting salt and oil; drain well.  Set aside; keep warm.
-Heat 2 Tbs olive oil and butter (I only used olive oil) in a large skillet over medium high heat.  Add chopped onion and garlic to pan, and cook for 4 min. or until the onion is tender, stirring frequently.  Add shrimp to the pan (I even added some cooked chicken), and cook for 2 min.  Add bell peppers and 1/4 C lemon juice to the pan, and cook for 4 min. or until the shrimp are done and half of the liquid has evaporated.  Add chopped parsley and the next 5 ingredients (through 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper) to the shrimp mixture.  Remove pan from heat.
-Combine cooked fettuccine and 1 tsp olive oil in a large bowl; toss well.  Add shrimp mixture, tossing gently to coat.  Top each serving with cheese.

1 commentsRoasted Red Pepper and Herb Pasta with Shrimp


  1. Summer says:

    Hey!! I just wanted to let you know that I awarded you the Stylish Blog Award:) You have so many yummy recipes!!
    www.swankypear.com

    March 11, 2011 at 11:45 AM

Leave a Comment