Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Rumford Baking Powder Biscuits

Posted in , by blkris | Edit
I FINALLY found the best biscuit recipe (well, according to me!).  These turn out crispy and crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.  Great with butter and honey or homemade raspberry jam!

2 C. sifted all putpose flour
3 tsp. Rumford Baking Powder
1 tsp. salt
6 Tbs. shortening (I use butter instead)
2/3 C. milk

Sift flour, Rumford Baking Powder, and salt together (personally, I don't sift my ingredients!).  Cut in shortening (or butter) until mixture resembles coarse meal.  Add milk to make a soft dough.  Turn out on floured surface and knead gently for 30 seconds.  Roll out to 1/2 in. to 3/4 in. thickness.  Cut into rounds of desired size and place on greased baking pan.  Bake in hot oven (450) for 12-15 min.  Yield: 8-10 biscuits.

0 Comments


Leave a Comment