Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Potato Cheese Soup

Posted in , by blkris | Edit
I love a good soup on a cool day.  Well, yesterday wasn't especially cool, but it still sounded and tasted great.  Guess I am getting ready for winter!  Here is a great soup recipe that can be used for clam chowder, you can add broccoli and make it broccoli cheese soup, add bacon, etc.  The possibilities are endless.  However, when I make it, I usually omit the cheese and just make it Ham and Potato Soup.  YUM!  Pair this with homemade biscuits and cooked carrots, broccoli and peas, and you have yourself a great dinner!

From the Grover Family Cookbook
(I never measure out the ingredients except for the milk, cream and seasonings.  Just eyeball it and decide what works best for your family!)

1 C. chopped onion
1/2 C. chopped celery ( I do more than this)
2 Tbs butter (I use olive oil)
2 C. raw potatoes, cubed
1tsp. parsley
2 C. chicken broth
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 C. milk
1/2 C. cream
3 C. grated cheese (optional)

Put vegetables in first with olive oil to tenderize them.  Then add your broth, seasonings and add milk products last.  Use instant potatoes to thicken to your liking.  

0 Comments


Leave a Comment