Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chocolate Cake in a Mug

Posted in , by blkris | Edit
I got this recipe in an email, and didn't believe it would work.  But, of course, it was chocolate and I decided to try it!  The first time I made it, I was not all that impressed.  I tweaked it a bit and it is much better now!  It is really rich though and what I add to it make it more so.  But, my husband and I split it and it is a great treat for when you want something chocolatey fast!




5 MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
A small splash of vanilla extract
1 large coffee mug (MicroSafe)

-Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. (I got smart and just mix everything together, in the correct order, in a bowl and then pour it into the mug.  It is much easier that way!)
 -Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
-Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
-Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract, and mix again. (I actually mix 2 Tbs chocolate chips and 2 Tbs Peanut Butter chips.  The peanut Butter chips make it so much better!!)
-Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.
-The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
-Tip upside down on a plate. I then top with whip cream and sometimes hot fudge!


0 Comments


Leave a Comment