Monday, October 12, 2009

Sweet Potato Fries

Posted in by blkris | Edit
I think I have found THE sweet potato fry recipe. We have tried a few others and were never pleased with the results. But after I made these last night, my husband is asking to have them again!

From Our Best Bites

2 medium-sized sweet potatoes ( I used 1 large) (technically, I think what I use are yams)
2 T extra virgin olive oil
1/2 t cumin
1/2 t oregano
1/2 t coriander (didn't have any ground coriander so I omitted this)
1 t kosher salt
1 t parsley
fresh ground pepper (completely forgot this!)

Preheat oven to 425 and spray a cookie sheet. (DO NOT LINE YOUR COOKIE SHEET WITH FOIL OR ANYTHING ELSE!) Put your oil and seasonings in a bowl and toss/stir to coat your fries. Place fries on your cookie sheet in rows and with a little space between each fry. Cook for 15 minutes and then flip. Cook another 15-20 minutes and eat! YUM!!! We dipped ours in ketchup but really didn't need to. They have plenty of flavor. Or, the site I found this on makes their own sauce. My kids ate these up! Hope yours do too!

1 commentsSweet Potato Fries


  1. ReeSe says:

    Mmmmm! I'm always looking for a good sweet potato fry recipe. I will try this since I even have some sweet potatoes! One question though, do you use real sweet potatoes (whiteish) or yams (orange)?

    October 13, 2009 at 6:38 AM

Leave a Comment