Monday, October 12, 2009

Nummy Bars

Posted in by blkris | Edit
This recipe is really dangerous to have in my house. I WILL EAT THEM ALL! Their name fits them well.

Mix together:
1 c. flour
1 c. quick oats (I have old fashioned oats and chopped them for a minute in the food processor)
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 c. melted butter ( I used a little less than this)

Blend and divide in half. Press half in pan and bake at 350 for 10 min.

While that is cooking, mix:
1 c. chocolate chips ( I used half milk chocolate, half semi sweet. Or I have even used half chocolate chips and half white chocolate chips. That combo was REALLY RICH!)
1/2 c. nuts (optional)
3/4 c. caramel ice cream topping ( I used a mild butterscotch topping instead last night and it turned out great)
3 Tbs. flour

Spread over bottom oat mixture. Crumble remaining oat mixture on top. Cook another 15 min.
Cool before serving. If you aren't patient enough (like me!), you can eat them warm. But, they are REALLY gooey and VERY rich and sweet. They don't seem quite as sweet when they have cooled. I keep them in the fridge.

0 Comments


Leave a Comment