Sunday, October 25, 2009

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Posted in , by blkris | Edit
This is my go-to for any party or get together. It is easy and everyone loves it. What could be better?

From spinachrecipes.org

Ingredients:

14 oz of artichoke heart (I chop mine up really fine)
1 clove of garlic (fresh or minced in a jar)
2 cups of freshly chopped spinach (I have heard this is what makes the dip special. It is FRESH spinach, NOT FROZEN.) * I end up doing about 2 1/2 cups finely chopped spinach.
½ cup of parmesan cheese
½ cup of mayonnaise (I always do 1/4 c. mayo, 1/4 c. sour cream. This is what some of the reviews on the website said to do and it does turn out better than straight mayo.)
Grated white cheese (I omit this step. I figure there is already parmesean cheese, why fatten this up anymore?)
Salt and pepper, to taste

Preparation Instructions:

Mix everything except the grated cheese together. (Once again, I omit the grated white cheese, and mix in the parmesean and sprinkle a little on top to give it a brown cooked look.)

Place the mixture in an oven-proof dish; then top with the cheese.

Bake at 350°F (175°C) for 10 minutes ( I find it is more like 15 min.) or until spinach is tender and the cheese nicely melted.

Serve with tortilla chips. (Or, a really great and better idea, hollow out a big bread bowl or one of those thick square loaves of specialty bread, such as sourdough, from the store and put your dip in this. Then wrap the whole thing in foil and cook for about 30 min in the oven. Then break chunks of the bread off with the dip and ohhhh! YUM!

0 Comments


Leave a Comment