Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chicken Thyme

Posted in , by blkris | Edit
This is a variation of a recipe my Mom used to do when I was growing up. It was usually a Sunday specialty.

-Take the skin off of 1 whole chicken and remove the insides of the chicken (who would eat them anyway?!)

-In the bottom of your crock pot, place slices of white or sweet onion, and sliced carrots. Place your skinned chicken on top of the onions and carrots.

-Inside of your chicken, place more onions, carrots and season with salt, pepper, garlic and Thyme.

-Sprinkle more salt, pepper, garlic, and Thyme on the outside of the chicken and place more sliced carrots and a few more onion slices around and on top of the chicken. You can also chop up some potatoes (red or brown) and throw those in there too. ( I personally don't like my potatoes in the crock pot. I think they get too mushy. I know, I am weird!) Cook for a few hours or until chicken is falling off the bones!

-If you put potatoes and carrots in your crock pot, you have a whole meal ready to eat. If not, serve chicken with a green salad and mashed sweet potatoes, baked sweet potatoes, diced and seasoned red potatoes, you get the picture. Chicken, potatoes, and vegetables. Enjoy!

0 Comments


Leave a Comment