Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Walnut Chicken Breasts

Posted in by blkris | Edit
I found this recipe a while ago and love it. It is relatively easy to put together, but just plan ahead. It takes a little while to cook. I have added mushrooms to this mixture as well and that is good too. I added snow peas tonight to add more vegetables, but they turned out mushy. I think next time I might add them the last 15 minutes of baking. I don't think these would be good as leftovers because the stuffing would be too mushy, but I don't know. There are never leftovers in our house when I make these!

*I try to cut down on the butter so I spread olive oil on the foil instead. I only use 2 chicken breasts, and I still prepare the same amounts for the stuffing and seasonings. It still seems like I don't have enough stuffing, so you might want to add more. Sorry no picture. I didn't plan ahead and ended up being starving and late by the time these were done!

Found on about.com

Cook Time: 55 minutes

Ingredients:

  • 4 boneless chicken breast halves
  • lemon juice
  • 6 tablespoons melted butter
  • 3 cups bread crumbs, toasted
  • 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
  • 1/2 cup chopped celery
  • 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
  • 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • seasoned salt and pepper

Preparation:

Mix together bread crumbs, half of the melted butter, onion, celery, parsley, walnuts, 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt, and enough water to moisten. Lay out 4 squares of aluminum foil, double thickness, and butter generously. Make a mound of stuffing on each buttered square of foil then place on baking sheet.

Brush both sides of the chicken with lemon juice then with the remaining butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Fold foil up over the chicken to make individual package. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes. Open packages to expose chicken and bake 15 minutes longer.



0 Comments


Leave a Comment