Monday, September 7, 2009

Jumbalya

Posted in , , , , by blkris | Edit

This is a recipe that I got from my Mom, who I think got it from my Aunt?? Anywho... it is really good, but turns out different every time I make it. The only thing different though is how spicy it is. Depending on your brand of rotel tomatoes, it may be really spicy, or hardly at all. But, it is a great crockpot dinner. Put it in and forget about it, or you can cook it on the stove in a big pot.

Before you start cooking everything else, make sure you have cooked and diced chicken (no seasonings necessary; I boil mine to make it quick; I usually only use 1 chicken breast), sausage (Turkey sausage, or regular; I usually use about half of the package), about 1/2 pound cooked shrimp w/tail off.

Add into the pot and stir:
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 small can tomato paste
1 small can tomato sauce
1 can diced tomatoes (I usually omit this)

Add in the meat: sausage, chicken, shrimp.

I don't ever measure the vegetables, but just kind of throw it in and do what looks good to me. Don't like as much onion or green pepper?? Add more red pepper or celery.

Dice and add to tomato and meat mixture:
red pepper
green pepper
yellow or orange pepper (I never have this so I usually omit this one)
white onion
celery

Cook in crock pot for a few hours or until vegetables are soft. Or, cook on stove in a big pot until vegetables are soft. Serve with rice mixed in, or to the side and a green salad. YUM!

0 Comments


Leave a Comment