Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pecan Pie Muffins

Posted in , , by blkris | Edit

An old coworker used to make these and I got hooked. I haven't had them for a long time and don't usually have pecans on hand. But tonight was my lucky night when I realized I did have some pecans in my fridge. I was afraid I had the recipe wrong because there are no spices and only a 1/2 cup flour. But, when you eat these, you realize that those ingredients are all you need. (These are more of a dessert than a breakfast muffin.)


Pecan Pie Muffins (Makes approx. 9 muffins)

1 Cup chopped pecans
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar (I used 3/4 cup)
1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 large eggs
1/2 cup butter melted

COMBINE first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture.

BEAT eggs until foamy. Stir together eggs and butter; add to dry ingredients; stirring just until moistened.

COAT muffin tin with cooking spray and spoon batter into cups.

BAKE at 350 for 20-25 min. or until done. Remove from pans immediately and cool on wire racks. Makes approx. 9 muffins

0 Comments


Leave a Comment