Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Mint Sticks

Posted in , by blkris | Edit
OOPS! I posted this a while ago but just realized when I was going to make these this morning that I didn't post the measurements! Sorry! Here they are now.

This is another family Christmas recipe. I always love these and they are so much better when my Mom makes them! I didn't have peppermint extract so I used mint extract. It makes a difference. They were still good, but are much better with peppermint.

Mint Sticks (makes 1 cake pan)


1 C. melted butter
2 C sugar
4 eggs
3 ½ squares melted baking chocolate
¼ tsp peppermint flavor
1 C flour
1 C nuts (optional)


1. Combine butter, sugar, eggs and beat well. Add chocolate and flavoring. Add flour and nuts. Put in greased pan. Bake 350 for 20-25 min.
2. When cool, add 5 Tbs melted butter, 2 ½ Tbs cream, 2 ½ C pwd sugar, ¼ tsp peppermint; (Blend butter and cream, then add sugar and flavoring). Spread over cooled baked layer.

3. 8 -10 oz. semi sweet chocolate chips and 4 Tbs butter and melt together. Spread or drizzle on top.

0 Comments


Leave a Comment