Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Easy Romano Chicken

Posted in by blkris | Edit
I found this recipe online on Target's website a couple years ago. It is quick and easy and tastes great with a baked potato and steamed broccoli.

Ingredients:
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - pounded to 1/4 in. thick (mine don't ever get this thin, and I usually only use about 2 thick chicken breasts cut in half)
4 slices of swiss cheese
4 slices of ham (deli sandwich ham, or ham steaks cut thin)
2 Tbs. grated Parmesean cheese
1 1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic salt/powder
1/2 tsp dried tarragon (I don't have this, and it still turns out great!)
1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
1 Tbs butter melted
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs (I do a fresh piece of bread toasted and crumbled. I am sure you could use italian bread crumbs too though)

Directions:
Place chicken breasts on a plate. Place swiss cheese and ham slices on top and roll up, securing with a toothpick. In a pie plate, or bowl, combine the Parm. cheese, paprika, garlic salt, tarragon, basil and bread crumbs. Mix together and dip rollups in mixture to coat.
Drizzle with melted butter and cook on high in microwave for 4 -5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.

I have been tempted to try this in the oven, on the stove in a pan with a lid, or in the crock pot. I like the microwave idea though for nights I am in a pinch.

0 Comments


Leave a Comment