Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Even better alfredo

Posted in , by blkris | Edit
I have used one recipe for alfredo for a long time. My Mom used a new recipe while I was visiting home in September and it was really good. The thing I like about this recipe is that I don't feel like I am consuming all of my daily intake of calories on this one meal. It is not as greasy as my old recipe and has more flavor. To get some veggies in, I added steamed broccoli, for flavor, added bacon pieces, and for more substance, added sliced chicken to the sauce as well. YUM! It is even good the second day.

Melt in a small saucepan on the stove:
2 Tbs butter
2 1/2 Tbs flour
Cook until thick about 1 min.

Add :
1 C. cream
1 C. milk
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 Tbs. chicken bouillion cube crushed (mine was actually a little less than this)
1/8 tsp onion powder
1/2 Tbs. parsley

Stir until thick. Add about 1/3 cup shredded or grated parmesean cheese (if you want this really cheesy, add more!).

Pour over noodles and stir.

0 Comments


Leave a Comment