Thursday, March 18, 2010

Pot Roast

Posted in by blkris | Edit
My sister made this recipe a couple weeks ago and said it was really good.  Just thought I would post it and hopefully try it sometime soon.  Let me know what you think!

Aaron's Pot Roast
3-5 pound roast (mine was 3.75lb - it feed us, Randall and Sara and their kids and left us a little for leftovers the next night.)
1 can basil and garlic flavored stewed tomatoes
some minced garlic (I did about a spoonful)
1 can beef broth (about 2 cups/bouillon cubes)
onion and carrot on bottom of pot under roast (I did about 1/2 onion and 1/2-3/4 small bag of carrots)
1 packet McCormick's Roast seasoning for crockpot
1 packet onion soup mix
a little soy sauce
salt and pepper
a little worchestershire sauce

Cook on low 10-12 hours in crockpot.
Add red/yellow bell pepper last 20 minutes.  (I forgot to do this last week but it still tasted fine without it.  Nobody noticed.)
I also added 1 stalk of celery cut up to add a little extra juice and flavor. 

The recipe calls for putting red potatoes in with the roast to cook.  I left these out because I didn't have any room to put them in and was afraid it all wouldn't cook if I stuck them in.  So we steamed them and then added them to the juices later to get the flavor.  This made so much yummy gravy too!  Really yummy and really easy!

0 Comments


Leave a Comment