Sunday, March 21, 2010

Baked Asparagus

Posted in , by blkris | Edit
I thought I had posted this already, but came back looking for the recipe and couldn't find it.  So sorry to the people I told to find the recipe on my blog!  I like this recipe for the fact that it is a non-measuring, do it to your liking recipe.  Just throw on the ingredients, pop it in the oven, and there you have it!  A different way to cook asparagus rather than just steaming it.  My Mother -in -law has a recipe like this but it also calls for adding bread crumbs on top to give it some crunch.  Hope you like it!

Handful of asparagus
salt
pepper
parmesan cheese (green tube kind)
olive oil

Preheat your oven to 350.  Place a handful of asparagus (chop off the ends to get rid of the "woody" parts) on a cookie sheet.  Drizzle (now go easy on this or it will get mushy) extra virgin olive oil on top and mix the asparagus around to coat.  Sprinkle salt, pepper and parm. cheese on top.  Cook 10-15 min. depending on how thick the asparagus is.  It is best still a little crunchy and better for you so you don't cook out all the great vitamins.  Enjoy!

0 Comments


Leave a Comment