Sunday, January 31, 2010

Minestrone Soup

Posted in , by blkris | Edit
This is a great soup for a cold day. It calls for hamburger, but is also good with ground Elk meat too. I have never tried ground turkey though. If you do, let me know how it turns out! This is a recipe that I got from my Mom and I think of home every time I eat it. Enjoy!

-Boil 2 qts. water in a big pot with 1 Tbs salt (you may need to add more or less salt depending on how much salt is in your tomatoes)
-Divide 1 pound hamburger into small round balls.
-Put meatballs into boiling water and let boil until no pink remains.
-Then add:
1/2 of an onion (white or yellow, chopped)
2 stalks celery (chopped)
1 can of stewed tomatoes plus 1/2 of a small can of tomato sauce
- After this has simmered for a little while (until vegetables are getting tender), add:
1 can of carrots (undrained)
1 can beans (I prefer french cut; undrained)
1 chopped zucchini
about 3/4 cup macaroni noodles
1/4 C. dried parsley
-When heated through and ready to serve, add parmesean cheese to the top of the soup in each bowl.

Enjoy!

PS This makes a lot!

0 Comments


Leave a Comment