Sunday, January 31, 2010

Italian Flag Chicken

Posted in by blkris | Edit
I found this recipe on Eat it Up and thought I would give it a whirl. I had everything I needed, which was a big plus. It turned out great! The pesto gave it a very fresh flavor. I will wait next time to add the tomato on top. By the time the chicken was done, it was almost mush and so pretty much killed all nutritional value. I think I will add the tomato on top just before the chicken is done. Anywho... this was really easy, fast, and yummy. Hope you like it!

This feeds approx. 2 adults.
-2 thawed chicken breasts
-3-4 tsp of pesto, homemade or bought (mine is homemade (see next post for that recipe) and is frozen in ice cub trays; I used 3 pesto cubes)
-grated mozzarella
-1 tomato
-bread crumbs
-Parmesan cheese
-Bacon slices

1. Put your thawed chicken in a zip lock bag and pound with a mallet until thin and flat.

2. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet and put a teaspoon full of pesto on half the chicken. Top with mozzarella cheese (this is also where I added a slice of uncooked bacon).

3. Fold chicken over and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top with 1-2 tomato slices.

4. Cover top and bottom with Italian bread crumbs.

5. Sprinkle with a bit of Parmesan cheese (I omitted this part) and pop in the oven at 425 for 15-20 minutes. So easy!!

0 Comments


Leave a Comment