Sunday, January 31, 2010

Best Ever Whole Wheat Bread Machine Bread

Posted in by blkris | Edit
I have tried my fair share of bread machine recipes. I finally found one that my whole family likes. It is thick and hearty, but not too heavy. I am sure you can add things to it and make variations (like adding sunflower seeds and craisins) but I am a simple kind of bread girl.

Found on baking.about.com; this makes a 2 pound loaf

1 1/2 C plus 2 Tbs luke warm water
2 Tbs oil
2 tsp salt
1/3 C. brown sugar (I have substituted Agave nectar and honey for this and they both turn out great!)
3 Tbs nonfat dry powdered milk
4 1/4 C wheat flour
2 tsp dry yeast

My machine requires liquids, solids, then yeast on top (so the ingredient order is how I put it in my machine). Do according to your machine directions.

I set this on the dough cycle. When finished, I pull it out, spray a bread pan, mold the dough into a nice shape (careful not to mess with it too much or it becomes tough), plop it into the pan and cover with a towel for about 30 min. to rise. Cook at 350 for 30-35 min.

This is great warm with butter and honey, almond butter and honey, or homemade jam. Enjoy!

0 Comments


Leave a Comment