Friday, November 13, 2009

Homemade Brownies

Posted in by blkris | Edit
My mother-in-law gave me this recipe and they are my husband's favorite brownies. He can't stand to eat the boxed brownies anymore after having these for years. She usually cooks them and then sprinkles powdered sugar on top. I like mine more chocolatey, so tonight for a get together, I added chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Who can go wrong with that combination? Well, unless you are allergic to peanuts. If so, I am so sorry! But, I do have a bag of dark chocolate and mint chips that I was tempted to use in the batter tonight too. Hmm... something to try in the future. I will tell you though, these brownies are more cake like and not so chewey and really chocolatey. But are delicious!! Well here is the recipe Emma. Hope they turn out well for Richard!

PS Don't think about calories when making or eating these!


Cream together:
2 C. sugar
2 sticks butter

Add in and beat well:
4 eggs

Then add and mix together with batter:
2 tsp vanilla (unless using real Mexican vanilla and then use only 1 to 1 1/2 tsp)
4 Tbs. cocoa (HEAPING!!)
2 C. flour
1/2 c. nuts (optional)
And mix in more chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, caramel, mint, toffee, etc. for more flavor...

Put in a greased 9 x 13 pan (or smaller to make them more chewey and thick). Bake at 350 for 30-40 min.

0 Comments


Leave a Comment