Friday, November 13, 2009

Bajio Chicken Chile Salad and Cilantro lime ranch dressing

Posted in , by blkris | Edit
This is a recipe I found on yourhomebasedmom.com. It is really good and was a hit with my inlaws. It also made plenty for us and we ate it for a couple of days.

4 chicken breasts (I think I only ended up using 3, and it fed 4 adults and 2 kids)
1/2 c. salsa (I used the cheap Pace)
1 Tbs. cumin
1/2 C. brown sugar
1 4oz. can diced green chilies
6 oz. can sprite

Cook 5-6 hours in a crockpot. Shred the chicken and put back in juices. Cook for 1 more hour. Thicken the juices with corn starch (I omitted this step). Make as a salad with a warm tortilla on the bottom, or roll it up and make it a burrito. Serve with chopped lettuce, shredded cheese, black beans, olives, pico de gallo, and guacamole.


found on letsdishrecipes
Cilantro Lime Ranch Dressing

1 pkg ranch dressing mix
8oz. green salsa ( I used Mrs. Renfroe's. It is REALLY spicy, but added a really good kick, and I only used 4 oz.)
1/2 bunch cilantro chopped
2 cloves garlic
3/4 C. mayo
3/4 C. sour cream
1/4 tsp hot sauce (I used Frank's cayenne pepper sauce)
juice of 1 lime

0 Comments


Leave a Comment