Friday, February 22, 2013

Chocolate -Peanut Butter Pudding

Posted in , by blkris | Edit
Oh yum.  Chocolatey goodness.  And adding peanut butter?  You can't go wrong.  This was really easy  and quick.  As always, my comments are in pink.

From Cooking Light Magazine (I think?):
Serves 6

1/3 C. granulated sugar
2 Tbs cornstarch
2 Tbs Dutch process cocoa (I used Hersheys)
1 1/2 C 1% low-fat milk (I only had 2 %)
1/2 C light cream
2 oz. milk chocolate, finely chopped (I used Hersheys milk chocolate chips)
1/4 C creamy peanut butter (I didn't have peanuts to add to the top, or creamy PB, so I used crunchy Adams Natural Peanut Butter)
1 Tbs chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts

- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and cocoa in a medium saucepan; stir with a whisk.
-Whisk in milk and cream.  Bring to a boil over medium - high heat.  Cook 1 minute or until thick and bubbly (mine was a couple of minutes before it was thick enough).
-Remove from heat.
-Add chocolate and peanut butter, stirring until smooth.
-Spoon about 1/3 C pudding into each of 6 bowls. ( My eyes were bigger than my stomach and I thought 1/3 C was too small.  I was wrong.  Serving this warm and adding a bit of whipped cream on top was REALLY rich.)
-Top each serving with 1/2 tsp peanuts. (I omitted this step and added a spoonful of whipped cream - not Cool Whip, but the real Whipping cream blended with a little sugar and vanilla until thick).

I ended up eating some of this after lunch today, after it sat in the fridge overnight.  It was very thick, but for some reason, it being cold, made it seem not so rich.  Delicious!

0 Comments


Leave a Comment