Sunday, December 30, 2012

Blueberry Coconut Pecan Breakfast Cookies

Posted in , by blkris | Edit
I get bored of meal times.  I love my breakfast foods like pancakes, eggs, waffles, etc. but it is not always convenient for time (or my waistline) to eat those every day of the week!  Here is a recipe I just cooked to try out for breakfasts this week.  It turned out pretty good.  My hubby doesn't think they are the greatest, but I don't mind them.  I like the crunch of the pecans and the sweetness of the craisins (I didn't have any dried blueberries) and coconut.  This is one of those recipes from Pinterest that I had saved for later.  Love Pinterest!  As always, my comments are in Pink!

Adapted from: Kumquat

Blueberry Coconut Pecan Breakfast Cookies

1 1/2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (I only had sweetened)
1 tablespoon golden flaxmeal (I just threw in whole flax seeds)
1/2 teaspoon salt (Think it could have used just a little bit more)
3/4 cups coarsely chopped pecans
1/2 cup dried blueberries (I used Craisins)
3 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 cup coconut oil, warm enough to be liquid
1 tablespoon agave nectar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cooking spray

Preheat oven to 350°. Combine oats, coconut, flaxmeal, salt, pecans, and blueberries. Stir in bananas, oil, agave nectar and vanilla until well combined.

Press 2 tablespoons of mixture into a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter onto a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Continue with remaining mixture.

Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until fragrant and golden. Cool on pan.
Yield: about 15 cookies.

0 Comments


Leave a Comment